domingo, 22 de junho de 2008

ANÁLISE DE NIETZSCHE POR BERTRAND RUSSEL E MARTIN HEIDEGGER


Fonte: YouTube.

Texto (fonte: YouTube)

English philosopher Bertrand Russell and German philosopher Martin Heidegger gives their extremely contrasting assessments of Friedrich Nietzsche.

For those who have not read Bertrand Russell's A History of Western Philosophy, here is the full context of which he spoke about Nietzsche. He dedicates an entire chapter on Nietzsche.

"NIETZSCHE ( 1844-1900) regarded himself, rightly, as the successor of Schopenhauer, to whom, however, he is superior in many ways, particularly in the consistency and coherence of his doctrine. Schopenhauer's oriental ethic of renunciation seems out of harmony with his metaphysic of the omnipotence of will; in Nietzsche, the will has ethical as well as metaphysical primacy. Nietzsche, though a professor, was a literary rather than an academic philosopher. He invented no new technical theories in ontology or epistemology; his importance is primarily in ethics, and secondarily as an acute historical critic. I shall confine myself almost entirely to his ethics and his criticism of religion, since it was this aspect of his writing that made him influential."

"He had a passionate admiration for Wagner, but quarrelled with him, nominally over Parsifal, which he thought too Christian and too full of renunciation. After the quarrel he criticized Wagner savagely, and even went so far as to accuse him of being a Jew. His general outlook, however, remained very similar to that of Wagner in the Ring; Nietzsche's superman is very like Siegfried, except that he knows Greek. This may seem odd, but that is not my fault."

"He condemns Christian love because he thinks it is an outcome of fear: I am afraid my neighbour may injure me, and so I assure him that I love him. If I were stronger and bolder, I should openly display the contempt for him which of course I feel. It does not occur to Nietzsche as possible that a man should genuinely feel universal love, obviously because he himself feels almost universal hatred and fear, which he would fain disguise as lordly indifference. His "noble" man --who is himself in day-dreams--is a being wholly devoid of sympathy, ruthless, cunning, cruel, concerned only with his own power. King Lear, on the verge of madness, says: I will do such things-What they are yet I know not--but they shall be The terror of the earth. This is Nietzsche's philosophy in a nutshell."

Nenhum comentário: